Quebec association of Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities (QAPSD) – Bursary Program
Ever year The Quebec Association of Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities (QAPSD) offers bursaries of $500 each to students with disabilities (These bursaries are based on available funding). The purpose of these bursaries is to encourage students with disabilities to pursue post-secondary education; defend their rights; promote social integration; and help defray the additional costs related to being a student with disabilities. A minimum of one bursary is awarded to a student pursuing post secondary studies, whether it be a Diploma of Professional Studies (DEP), a college program (pre-university or technical), or a university program (undergraduate or postgraduate).
To apply for this bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Be an active member of the QAPSD (membership can be applied for when submitting application);
– Have successfully completed at least one course in a secondary educational institution recognized by MELS, during the session immediately preceding the application;
– Have a documented permanent disability (as certified by a physician or an advisor from the office for the integration of people with disabilities of the educational institution).
If you meet the above criteria, you must submit the following documents:
– The request form (can be obtained by contacting QAPSD)
– The QAPSD membership application as well as payment of the membership fees (for those who are not already members of the association)
– A cover letter explaining why the applicant is motivated to pursue postsecondary studies; their community involvement; and their work experience
– A copy of the applicant’s résumé
– An attestation of the applicant’s enrolment and a copy of the transcript certifying the applicant’s enrolment in a postsecondary educational institution as well as the successful completion of at least one course;
– A letter attesting to special needs or functional limitations of the applicant;
– A letter of recommendation from someone who has accompanied the applicant along the course of his/her academic or professional path.
To obtain additional information about the QAPSD, you may contact them at:
Comité de bourses de l’AQEIPS
425, Sherbrooke East street, # 06
Montréal (Québec) H2L 1J9
Phone : (514) 499-9451
Montreal (Quebec) H2L 1J9
Tel: (514) 499-9451
Passer le detail de «Quebec association of Post-Secondary Students with Disabilities (QAPSD) – Bursary Program» Publié le mercredi 26 octobre 2011